Sunday, February 27, 2011

March...yay!

My favorite month is upon us! Not just because I was born in the wonderful month of March (although that helps!). But it's also the time when Spring starts showing it's face! I love the little crocus flowers that start peeking through this time of year, and I'm hoping to see our daffodil varieties that we brought home from Amsterdam and I planted in December (I know, crazy!). Ahhh, spring! May it come soon, and may it last long!!!!!
Here's my menu for the first week of MARCH!
Monday: Provolone Turkey Bagel Melts (Layer turkey, tomato, and Provolone cheese onto cheese bagel halves. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dried basil. Broil until the cheese is melted), hummus and carrot/celery sticks
Tuesday: Chicken and Dumplings (I'm using leftover chicken from last week. Makes it easy! And try making your own dumpling mix!)
Wednesday: Beef Enchiladas, Black Bean and Corn Salad, Spanish Rice (BTW--my enchiladas I make are so easy! Fill tortillas with shredded cheese and ground beef browned with onion, salt, and pepper. Place in greased 9x13 pan. Mix 1 1/4 cup El Pato Enchilada sauce (less for less spicy) with 1 14 oz. can petite diced tomatoes. Pour over filled tortillas and then generously sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375 for 30 to 45 minutes depending on how crispy you like your enchiladas! Yummy and easy!
Thursday: Puffed Oven Pancake, fresh berries, spinach salad (Just FYI, I basically triple this recipe twice and put it in a 2 9x13 pans)
Friday: Pizza and Green Salad!
Saturday: Mom's Night Off!
Sunday: Ham and Twice Baked Potatoes, Spinach Salad, and rolls

1 comment:

Sushi-Mama said...

Thanks again, Marisa! I love to see what you are having for your "sides." You give me great ideas.