Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Better late than never!

Yesterday, my grocery shopping day, I decided to take my three oldest skiing and snowboarding! We had a great day trying out a new resort! The weather cooperated and I even got a bit of a sunburn :) But, I didn't get my menu and grocery shopping finished. Better late than never, right?

Monday: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and Cranberry Orange Muffins (I had this soup frozen, so it was perfect for a ski day! When I make this, I add noodles to half, then freeze the other half without the noodles. When I thaw it, I add the cooked noodles. It is really good!)
Tuesday: Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers, Sweet Pepper Rice, and spinach salad
Wednesday: Night out because my hubby declared we are going shopping for baby chicks after work on Wednesday! We already have six on order, but they don't get here until the end of March and he can't wait to become a farmer! So, we're going to IFA to hand pick our chicks....
Thursday: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Green salad, and my favorite French Baguettes
Friday: Open faced tuna melts, veggies and dip, chips and salsa
Saturday: Mom's Night Off!
Sunday: My brother in law and his family are in from Virginia! So, dinner at Grandma's house!

6 comments:

Bump and Erin said...

Fun! We love our six chickens. We have 2 basic white (lay white eggs), 2 Bard Rocs (black and white feathers, lay brown eggs), 1 Americana (brown feathers, she looks like a hawk and lays green easter eggs), and 1 Cochin (black and very fluffy with feathers all down her legs, she lays cream/tan colored eggs, but not every day like the others)

If you have any questions give me a call. I love having chickens and would highly recommend them to anyone! Have fun!

Michelle said...

I've had the coconut chicken fingers from OBB on my list to make for a few weeks. Have you had them before or is this your first time making them? They look really good.

Good luck with the chicks!

Marisa said...

Michelle-this was the first time I've made the coconut chicken, and it was good but not great. I doubt I'll make it again. Perhaps less curry and garlic, a bit more salt and serving with a fruity type of chutney (such as mango or pineapple) would help them out a bit.

Michelle said...

Good to know. My friend let me leaf through her OBB cookbook yesterday and it looked amazing!

Sushi-Mama said...

Marisa, Thank you so much for doing this! These meal plans and recipes look delicious. I really appreciate the links to the recipes- that is very helpful! I will be checking back each week. (No pressure!)

Michelle said...

Have you tried the "Fabulous Orange Chicken" from Mel's Kitchen Cafe (she has two orange chicken recipes, I tried the one labeled "fabulous")? We had it tonight and it was really good. No deep frying, all done in the oven. It's a little work but I thought it was worth it. The sauce had a great flavor and the chicken was really moist and tender.