Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I'm finally getting myself put back together after the CRAZIEST summer of my existence!  Being in charge of some HUGE events, sending off a missionary child, moving, selling a house, and some 'not so fun' health challenges have really broadened my shoulders and given me more compassion for my neighbor.  I'm starting to feel normal again, and looking forward to enjoying one of my favorite hobbies again...cooking for my family!  I'm also realizing how incredibly blessed my life is, and how many amazing angels I have looking over me, both seen and unseen.  Life is good.

Here is my menu for the week:
Monday:  Fresh Tomato Marinara Sauce with Angelhair Pasta, Sauteed Brussel Sprouts and Favorite Breadsticks
Tuesday:  Bean and Cheese Burritos
Wednesday:  Baked Zucchini Fries with Turkey Burgers
Thursday:  Almond Crusted Tilapia with Meggan's Rice Salad (see recipe below) and Fruit
Friday:  Date Night :)
Saturday:  Mini Quiche Bites, Toast and OJ
Sunday:  Amazing Grilled ChickenSweet Dinner RollsTwice Baked Potatoes and Green Salad

Santa Rosa Wild Rice Salad- Meggan Felt-Gonzalez
1 box Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice (cooked with seasoning)
Juice of 1 lemon
3 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
4 green onions
1 red bell pepper
3 oz. sugar peas pods
2 med. Avacados
1 c. diced pecans (I use almonds instead)
DRESSING
2 cloves garlic
1 t. Dijon Mustard
½ t. salt
¼ t. sugar
¼ t. pepper
¾ c. rice wine vinegar

¾ c vegetable oil

No comments: