Monday, September 10, 2012

Lunch, Dinner and Downtown Abbey

Yes, it's happened.  I watched my first episode of Downton Abbey, and I'm hooked!  Jud and I didn't get to sleep before 1am all weekend--thanks to Netflix and our new show.  I'm tired.  I guess I'll have to give it a rest for the week...sleep is necessary!

Here's my dinner menu for the week:
Monday:  Chinese Chicken Salad with croissants
Tuesday:  Chicken and White Bean Chili with salad and bread (we didn't get to this last week--you know, Downton Abbey)
Wednesday:  Porcupine Meatballs with Thyme and Seasons Rice and Green Beans
Thursday:  Turkey, Sweet potatoes and Carrots in the Crockpot with Homemade Cranberry Sauce and Spinach Salad
Friday:  Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Saturday:  Mom's Night Off!
Sunday:  French Dip or Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches with Chips and Dip, Fruit Tray and Veggies

So, that's my dinner menu.  I'm going to start something new (which I hope I can keep up) and post my lunch menu that I'll be packing for my kids for the week.  I found a website that has some nice new ideas here.   Planning is the key for me!

Monday:  Breadsticks with marinara sauce, cheese stick and sugar snap peas
Tuesday:  Meat,Cheese and spinach skewers (on toothpicks), fresh pineapple and fishy crackers
Wednesday:  Turkey Wraps, chips and sliced cucumbers
Thursday:  Chicken and Veggie Pasta Salad with mandarin oranges
Friday:  Egg salad sandwich, celery sticks and sliced apples

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh honey, Downton Abbey is a favorite of mine, too. I love me some Matthew and Lady Mary - and Violet never fails to delight! I can't wait for the next season (incidentally, you can watch season 3 this Fall on http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/. Each episode will be there after it airs in the UK - free! This was my favorite site when we were in Germany). Enjoy!

Rachel said...

I hear ya on Downton Abbey. I got hooked as well! Can't wait for the next season to come out :)