Sunday, September 8, 2013

I hate to admit this, but I absolutely dread the Elementary school 'Opening BBQ'.  Well, it's here!  Monday is the night.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy being with the great people that are there, the activities are fun and the bake sale is great.  I just hate hot dogs....so so much!  And each year, it's the same--hot dogs, chips and soda.  Three of the foods that make me feel the most gross!  So, each year I bring a picnic for my family.  I feel like a high society snob.  I don't really know what else to do!  I don't want to pay for that yucky dinner for anyone in my family, but I also don't want my kids to feel left out.  So, I guess I'll do it again this year.  Hmmm....what sounds like good picnic food?  At least the Bake Sale is great!

Monday:  Buttermilk Baked ChickenBroccoli Salad and Rolls
Tuesday:  Torta Rustica and Spinach Salad
Wednesday:  Artichoke Chicken, Angelhair Pasta and Rosemary Roasted Butternut Squash
Thursday:  Mongolian Beef with Rice Noodles and Stir Fried Vegetables
Friday:  I'm guessing In-N-Out Burger--we're going boating!
Saturday:  Waffles, Eggs and Bacon
Sunday:  Larson Family Dinner

No comments: