Sunday, October 14, 2012

As promised last post, I'm going to make an accounting of the Harvest for the year.  You know, I actually get really excited when the garden starts to produce and I know it's time to put up the food.  I did a lot this year, and it was a lot of work, but I'm always so satisfied afterward.  I know exactly where my food came from, that it was grown without chemicals, and that it is nutritious and delicious!  Here's what I figure that I did this year:

24 quarts Tomato Vegetable Soup, 14 pints Salsa, 24 quarts Spaghetti Sauce, 5 quarts Freezer Spaghetti Sauce, 7 quarts Freezer Tomatillo Enchilada Sauce, 24 quarts Pears, 18 quarts Applesauce, 15 quarts Grape Juice, 14 pints Green Beans, 14 quart bags Freezer Green Beans,  14 quarts Apricots,  7 pints Apple Cinnamon Syrup,  freezer strawberry jam from 42 pounds of strawberries,  and several quarts of homegrown popping corn.  Still to come are the beets....

Here's my menu for the week:
Monday:  Crunchy Homemade Chicken Nuggets, Cheesy Risotto and Green Beans
Tuesday:  Tacos Supreme
Wednesday:  Tuna Melt Sandwiches with Chips and a Relish Tray
FALL BREAK!

Lunches:
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches,  Yogurt and Edamame
Meat, Cheese and Spinach Skewers, Chips and Mandarin Oranges
Turkey Wraps, Carrot Sticks, and Goldfish Crackers

No comments: