Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lehi...land of adventure

The younger boys and I took a 'mini' Spring Break vacation and adventured to the land of Lehi, Utah! I know, we are very exciting around here. But seriously, we had such a fun time. The hotel we stayed in had a huge indoor pool and hot tub along with a hot breakfast buffet. Landon was so funny, one morning he announced proudly as he was eating some Lucky Charms, "Now I have had Lucky Charms two times! I'll remember this forever!" (I obviously don't buy sugared cereals around here). We went to Trafalga, a REAL Soccer game, Boondocks, Tepanyaki, the movies and Provo Beach resort over our three day get away. We were all exhausted when we arrived home. My bed never felt so good! (Okay, that's a lie. It felt even better when I got home from Trek!) And our great week was topped off by a spiritual feast at church today.

Here's my menu for the week:
Monday: Chicken Tortellini Bake, Steamed Veggies, and Fruit Salad
Tuesday: I hate to say it, Leftovers from Easter dinner.
Wednesday: Smoked Turkey Baked Chimichangas, Green Salad and Bottled Fruit
Thursday: Chili, Corn Muffins and Spinach Salad (I use the chili recipe out of the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook)
Friday: Grilled Cheese and Soup
Saturday: Mom's night off!
Sunday: Lasagna, Spinach Salad and French Bread (This is the sauce I use with my lasagna--yummo! Bottled Spaghetti Sauce)

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am definitely trying the Chicken Tortellini Bake - sounds yum! And, I'm glad you got to sample the Lehi goodness. A little getaway is just the thing sometimes. Clearly, your Landon never spent the night at Grandma D's house. I remember showing up at her house and heading straight for the cereal cupboard to see what Kelloggs culinary delights awaited the next morning. I DO buy sugared cereals, and I think I have robbed my kids of that thrill.