Sunday, March 11, 2012

Is it gardening time already?

On Friday I came home to an absolutely giddy husband. "Guess what?" he asked. I don't know. "I planted peas, carrots, kale and spinach in the garden today!" Huge smile on his face! Wow, really? Isn't there still snow in the backyard? "Yup, but I chose a really warm spot in the garden." Okay, great. Wondering to myself, "Isn't it a bit early to start planting outside?" I guess we'll see! But downstairs, we have an indoor garden. All sorts of things under the grow lights, I'll have to take photos. Never did I ever imagine that I'd married such an earth enthusiast. But I love it, and most of all, I love fresh garden produce. I'm already looking forward to the harvest!

Here's my menu for the week:
Monday: Herbed Chicken Nuggets (I use milled flax rather than wheat bran and add 1 tsp. salt), Pumpkin Pie Muffins, Arugula Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Tuesday: BBQ Glazed Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
Wednesday: It's My Birthday!!! I think I'll let my hubby take care of this meal!
Thursday: : Sweet and Sour Chicken, Fried Rice, and a Spinach Smoothie
Friday: Pancakes and Eggs
Saturday: Mom's Night off!
Sunday: Birthday dinner at Grandma's house!

No comments: