Sunday, November 27, 2011

An Unconventional Thanksgiving!

We returned home last night from our unconventional Thanksgiving! Just think, sitting by the pool on Thanksgiving morning, not even thinking about whether the turkey will be done on time, or how long the rolls need to rise! Yes, that's what I did. We went to St. George with some close family, and we had a blast! Thanksgiving morning we spent at the Paintball course, I refereed, while the boys and cousins and uncles played pretend war with paint! It was a lot of fun! We spent a lot of time at the pool, did some Black Friday shopping, lots of paint balling, went on a great family bike ride, enjoyed the St. George temple, and dressed Jud up like an old geezer and paraded him around town for his fortieth birthday! And yes, we ate dinner at the "Golden Corral!"

Here's my menu for the week:
Monday: Fabulous Orange Chicken, Brown Rice, Vegetable Stir-fry
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Stacks
Wednesday: Jud's birthday dinner! French Dip Sandwiches, Cottage Fries, Spinach Salad and Banana Birthday Cake! (Here's how I do my Cottage Fries: Peel and slice potatoes quite thin into rounds and spread out on a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle generously with olive oil, garlic salt and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Check them often to be sure they don't burn!)
Thursday: Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup, Cheese Toasties
Friday: Pizza night!
Saturday: Mom's Night Off!
Sunday: Brown Sugar Meatloaf, Baked Potatoes with Sour Cream and Chives, Spinach Salad

1 comment:

Jill said...

I've made your cottage fries, and they are divine. I think I must try this Orange Chicken now.

I'm glad you had such a relaxing Thanksgiving. Sometimes it's nice to forgo all the food hoopla and just enjoy your family.