Sunday, May 1, 2011

For the love of chickens!

I think I mentioned in a previous post that my husband thinks he's a farmer. He's a very cute farmer, and as long as he keeps our "farm" to the size it's at now, I'm thinking it's going to be fun! At present we have 15 chickens, and my boys are in LOVE with them! When hubby starts talking about cows and goats, I think I'll have to put an end to the fun! :) Or we'll have to move! We went to the farm store on Saturday and he bought us each a pair of rubber farm boots. It's getting serious....

Here's my menu for the week:
Monday: Lettuce Wraps (I use ground turkey rather than ground beef in this recipe and omit the sesame oil) and potstickers
Tuesday: Sweet and Sour Meatballs over brown rice and spinach salad
Wednesday: Easy Bagel Melts, chips and salsa, veggies and dip
Thursday: Grilled Fish Tacos with Chipotle Lime Dressing
Friday: Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
Saturday: Mom's night off :)
Sunday: Mother's Day! I think I'll let someone else handle this meal! :)

4 comments:

Our Family said...

Mom said she saw Jud at Smith's getting some 'interesting' groceries! Gotta love his enthusiasm and drive to try new things!

Rachel said...

I love that you guys have chickens. A new adventure, right? Love you!

Justin said...

are these indoor chickens or outdoor chickens?

I'd start counting them when the boys are gone to school. I've heard rumors that Brooks is sneaking one to school in his backpack.

dennisandsong said...

Dennis seriously wants chickens, a goat and whatever else he might be able to get in a moment of my weakness. I have to be on gaurd at all times!! When our yard is done, I might be in your shoes. . .or boots I should say!