Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Fruit Stuffing and Chops

I haven't posted any recipes for a while, so here's a fun fall recipe. We had a bunch of apples given to us from a neighbor, so I modified a recipe I already had to create this one. Enjoy!

6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
6 oz. package of your favorite herb stuffing
2-3 medium tart apples
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 green onions, sliced
2/3 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup olive oil or melted butter

Brown the chops on each side in a saucepan on the stove, season with salt and pepper. Mix the remaining ingredients. Place half the stuffing mixture in a medium size slow cooker. Place browned chops on top of the stuffing. Then put the remainder of the stuffing on top of that and put the lid on. Cook on high for 2.5 hours. Yum! Serve with fresh steamed broccoli.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

YUM! I have a ton of yummy apples and I am definitely trying this recipe this week! Thanks!
And I need to pick your brain about fun places to take 4 boys on vacation. Your last one looked great! Send me an e-mail if you can with your top places you have gone. lslhansen@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

Growinguptogether said...

OK there are so many receipts I want to try. I get to the point where I just do the same meals that I know because it's faster.
We would love to have you stay here, there is plenty of room and we are supper close to the freeway.