Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ninny....

Today was almost laughable.  I'm glad my fifteen year old has a sense of humor.  He's taking his first long distance trip without his parents, and I wanted to make sure he was ultra prepared (of course).  I wonder how many times I asked him if he had packed his deoderant?  What about extra socks?  And the swim shirt for the beach?  How about the toothbrush?  Floss?  Sunblock?  I had to stop after I got the severe 'roll of the eyes' for asking if he had enough briefs?  Yes.  I'm that bad.  I miss him and he's only been gone four hours.  This thing about kids growing up is for the birds....

Here's my menu for the week:
Monday:  Lettuce Wraps (I use ground turkey with this recipe), Potstickers and Rice
Tuesday:  BBQ Glazed Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Lime and Garlic Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Garden Strawberries
Wednesday:  Mediterranean Tuna Casserole and Caesar Salad
Thursday:  The Ultimate Barbequed Chicken, Couscous Salad and Garden Greens
Friday:  Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Soup
Saturday:  Mom's Night Off!
Sunday:  Grilled Steak and Salmon, Hasselback Potatoes, Green Salad and Fruit Plate

No comments: