Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pumpkin Picking!

We travelled down south for Keaton's Lacrosse game this weekend and afterward stopped at the Warner's farm! We had a blast picking pumpkins and catching flying corn! All of the pumpkins in the patch were enormous, and the boys are quite excited about the prospect of carving the massive pumpkins. But, I have made it clear that I will not be the one scraping the slime out this year!

Landon was pretty cute tonight, trying to get my attention while I was reading on the couch. He looked right into my face and said, "MOM, do you have your listening ears on?" Too cute!

I'm trying to use up as much garden produce as possible this week, so I looked at the garden and then I made my menu. We still have a lot of tomatoes, peppers, onions, green beans, potatoes, carrots, celery, tomatillos, cantaloupe, watermelon, zucchini, squash and beets! I love fresh food!

Monday: Colorful Vegetable Fajitas with Steak, fresh salsa and chips, cantaloupe
Tuesday: Shepherd's Pie, Spinach Salad, and Fresh Peaches
Wednesday: Authentic Enchiladas Verdes, Zucchini, Tomato and Squash stir-fry, Watermelon
Thursday: Roasted Beet and Potato Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Friday: Pizza Night!
Saturday: Mom's Night Off!
Sunday: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Spinach Salad, French Bread, and Watermelon

No comments: